Friday, September 23, 2011

Juice Me.

I discovered Pressed Juicery via Tracy Anderson and her metamorphasis program.  I am addicted to these juices.  They are a little pricey for my budget, but sooo delicious and nutritious too. Pure, organic, non pasteurized, pressed juice=yum. The ones with ginger in them are the best and on my second trip there last Thursday they had a new menu! I wish they would open another closet sized store in the valley by me in Sherman Oaks, but Brentwood is not that far and I go once a week to workout along the beach with a friend so it's perfect. The juices are around $6.50 each and they ship nationwide and have a truck in Malibu.

I put myself on a diet... and realized how bad my eating habits are and really thinking about where they started.  I was a full time gymnast till I was 23 and growing up I remember so many people telling me..oh you work out a lot so you can eat that stuff.  I believed them and ate away.  Discovering my love for ice cream in the 6th grade when I could buy it at school and thinking back I was a real addict begging my friends for dimes and nickels so I could get my sugar fix.  It continued into high school where I would get 50 cent cookies and fries and reeses, wow I ate bad, but at least I ate it in moderation.

The college came, alcohol and a dining hall.  I didn't gain a freshman 15..but I did gain some.  My heaviest is hard to admit and I think I just always thought it was okay because I worked out so much.  Then gymnastics ends and these realizations of my bad eating habits truly arise.

When I started Tracy Anderson I saw results without following her diet, but then I incorporated it little by little, and saw even better results.  Then came summer, more alcohol, chips & salsa, mom's cooking, and peanut butter & vanilla ice cream.  End of summer=fat me..not anywhere near my heaviest, but about 5 pounds than in June..

So...healthy me has arrived and it includes kale, beets, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and lots of other veggies, fruits, and whole foods.
No cheese, bread, sugar, or late night binge eating.

Anyways this is a proclamation I have made many a times. But I know I can do it this time, I'm much more informed and have more of a will to try to do it.

Pressed Juicery yummyness will have to occur only every other or every 3 weeks because of my wallet, but they are soooo good!

<3 T

No comments:

Post a Comment